Monday, June 7, 2010

DIY: Stir-Fried Noodles w/Beef & Vegetables


This week I've decided to challenge myself with a few recipes that "intimidate" me.  I love Asian food of all kinds, but whenever I read the recipes, I have to admit, I'm intimidated.  There are just so many ingredients I'm not familiar with that I just sort of glaze over and turn the page.  Not this week.  Nope. I've come across one too many recipes that requires rice vinegar, fish sauce, or sesame oil so, here we go... 


Seriously friends, this could not have been easier! The whole production took less than an hour, and that includes eating time.  I will definitely be making this again, and the great thing is, you can easily swap out meats and veggies to change it up.  

Notes:
  • Drizzle a little sriracha sauce on top (and maybe a squeeze of lime) for an extra burst of flavor.
  • Timing is very important with this recipe, make sure you read it all the way through before starting.
  • The 3 oz. of noodles doesn't seem like a lot, so I used 5 oz and it ended up being more than enough, aka - 3 oz. was probably fine.  Once you throw everything in, it really becomes quite a bit of food.  
  • Be generous when adding the sauce ingredients, although I probably only needed a bit more because of the extra noodles used.  
  • You could go for 3/4 lb of meat, but not completely necessary.  Speaking of, consider upgrading from flank steak to something a bit higher quality.  I wasn't too impressed with flank, but it did the job just fine. 
Claud

P.S. I think I have a new love for sesame oil. If you have any fav recipes that use it, please pass them along!

No comments:

Post a Comment